We have a Project Field Engineer opportunity to support our Caldwell Marine team on the Champlain Hudson Power Express project. This is a clean energy project promising to deliver renewable power from Quebec to Queens. The power will travel through cables buried under Lake Champlain and the Hudson & Harlem Rivers. Our team is up to the challenge of laying 192 miles of submarine cable. This is an exciting opportunity to work in underground water & utility work & Marine construction, involving both day and night work. Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to safely and productively build the work on time and within budget. Providing support with contract documents, submittals & RFI’s, pay estimates, daily work reports, communication & notification, as-builts & closeout documents. Other duties as assigned.
The right candidate for this position must be onsite for extended periods of time.
- 2-4 years’ experience in civil construction, preferably marine construction
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills in Office 365, CAD, Microsoft Project or Primavera, Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Reliable team player, multi-task oriented
- ISO Certified, preferred
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify and a drug free workplace.
Please submit your resume below to apply!