Caldwell Marine International
Caldwell Marine International, LLC is a marine construction contractor specializing in submarine utility operations. CMI’s main focus is marine construction, submarine power cables, fiber optic submarine cables and systems worldwide.
CMI is a part of the JAG Companies Inc. which includes Northeast Remsco Construction, Huxted Tunneling, and ECI Drilling International. This working partnership provides strength, commitment and a common goal focused on delivering “Excellence of Service” to its customers, from start to finish, on time and on budget.
Our Values, Focus and Vision are an integral part of our spirit and central to our continued growth and success. We embrace our Values, Focus and Vision and make them a part of our daily activities.
We are in search of a Marine Construction Project Engineer to join our team, one who shares our Core Values, Reputation, Work Ethic and Team Accomplishment.
The Marine Construction Project Engineer (some experience preferred) will provide assistance to the Sr. Project Manager on jobsites with job requirements and specification. This position requires knowledge of civil construction and engineering principles.
MARINE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Sr. Project Manager in establishing the project’s baseline schedule and maintaining the monthly updates.
- Prepare daily reporting.
- Assist with project purchasing.
- Support job site crews and manage subcontractors.
- Assist with development and delivery of the project submittals, RFI’s and other paper work.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Identify and track project changes.
- Assist with the implementation of all applicable safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Interact with inspectors and customer representatives.
- Manage document control process and follow through with proper procedures.
- Work with Estimating team by performing take offs and sourcing/managing material and equipment quotes.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
MARINE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Based in the Northeast US area
- Must travel and work from jobsite location
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 0-5 years of heavy civil construction experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD software a plus
- Detail oriented, persistent, flexible, task driven, multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Short term and Long term disability, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, PTO and paid holidays.